Hernia Repair Devices Market is Expected to Reach $5.17 bn by 2027
The Hernia Repair Devices Market was valued at US $4.08 billion in the year 2019 and is estimated to reach US $5.17 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 2.99%.
The condition of an organ or fatty tissue bulging out from a weak spot is called as hernia. As compared to others, the hernia is more common in the geriatric population. There are various types of hernias depending on the location which includes inguinal hernia, femoral hernia, umbilical hernia, hiatus hernia and others. The other types of hernias are epigastric, Spigelian and diaphragmatic. Hernias are caused due to increased abdominal pressure by lifting heavy objects, persistent coughing and sneezing.
Complications associated with hernia are pressure on surrounding tissue causing pain & inflammation, incarceration, finally, strangulation which is life-threatening and requires immediate surgery. Symptoms of a strangulated hernia include fever, nausea, vomiting, intensified sudden pain and improper bowel movement. Painfully enlarged hernias require surgery to prevent complications.
Hernia repair is a surgical procedure that returns displaced tissues to their proper position. Surgery can be performed by open or laparoscopy. Mesh and mesh fixators are used during the surgery wherein either synthetic or biologic meshes are placed to hold the herniated tissue and sealed with mesh fixators such as sutures or tacks or surgical glue.
Request for sample @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/211-hernia-repair-devices-market
More than 20 million hernia cases are estimated to be operated every year. Incidence of abdominal wall hernias varies from 100 – 300/100000 per year in different countries. The prevalence of abdominal wall hernias is 1.7% for all ages and 4% for individuals over 45 years. The lifetime risk of abdominal hernias is observed as 27% in men and 3% in women. Around 75-80% of hernia accounts for inguinal/femoral hernia, 2% of incisional/ventral hernia, 3-10% of umbilical hernias and 1-3% of other types of hernias are prevalent worldwide.
North America holds major market share for hernia repair devices due to increased healthcare awareness, expenditure and government funded initiatives, technological advancements. Asian Pacific region market is expected to grow in forthcoming years due to rising awareness of surgical hernia repair, increase in population and sedentary lifestyle habits.
A sedentary lifestyle with obesity creating pressure in the abdomen increases the chances of hernia. Further, technological advancement & minimally invasive surgery, patient awareness and increase in disposable incomes are the major drivers for Hernia Repair Devices Market. High treatment cost and reimbursement policies might hinder the market. The major challenges include wound healing and minimization of acquired infections during hernia repair.
Major companies for Hernia Repair Devices Market include Aspide Medical, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Cook Medical, Cousin Biotech, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Covidien, Dipromed, Ethicon, Feg Textiltechnik MBH, Medtronic PLC., Olympus Corp., The Cooper Companies, Inc., Herniamesh, Integra Lifesciences, Allergan PLC, Getinge Ab, Transeasy Medical Tech, Via Surgical, W. L. Gore & Associates and many more…
Based on Product (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Hernia Mesh
- Synthetic Mesh
- Biologic Mesh
- Mesh Fixator
- Tack Applications
- Glue Applications
Based on Type (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Incisional/Ventral Hernia Repair
- Umbilical Hernia Repair
Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Hernia Repair Devices Market, 2015 to 2018
- Forecast of the Hernia Repair Devices Market Growth till the year 2027
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Hernia Repair Devices Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/211-hernia-repair-devices-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)