Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $9.68 bn by 2026
The Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market was valued at US$6.42 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US$9.68 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.67%.
Ulcerative colitis (UC) is the most common form of inflammatory bowel disease that causes irritation, inflammation and ulcers on the inner lining of the large intestine. Ulcerative colitis gradually develops over time to cause inflammation of the entire colon and rectum leading to accumulation of pus and mucus along with bleeding. Ulcerative colitis can be categorized into ulcerative proctitis, proctosigmoiditis, left-sided colitis, pancolitis and acute severe ulcerative colitis. Reasons for ulcerative colitis is yet not known but is attributed to age, race, ethnicity, family history, environmental hazards, etc.
The symptoms that are associated with ulcerative colitis such as abdominal pain, diarrhoea, fatigue, fever, cramping, etc. are similar to other disorders. However, diagnostics techniques such as blood and stool testing, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy and X-rays can help in identifying the complications. Generally, medications such as antibiotics, aminosalicylates, corticosteroids, immunomodulators, biologics, etc. are prescribed to treat ulcerative colitis. Besides, surgical removal of colon or the rectum can be carried out in adverse cases.
The worldwide incidence rate of UC is about 1-25.5 cases per 100,000 individuals. The disease is more prevalent in the United States with more than 500,000 individuals affected leading to frequent doctor visits and is predominant is more in male than in female population. Thus, with more diseased population, the North American market held the major share of more than 50% of the market share in 2018 followed by the European region wherein Norway has an incidence rate of approximately 505 patients for every 100,000 individuals. The North American region is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period owing to increasing incidences of UC, better healthcare infrastructure, presence of key market players, more investment in R&D and development of new therapeutics. The Asian Pacific region can be considered as a key emerging market that is expected to grow during the forecast period. This can be attributed to dietary and lifestyle changes, water contamination, etc. Challenges still exist in the differentiation of the disease while awareness is still at the base level among people. Moreover, cost-effective treatment, delay in the development of drugs due to stringent regulations and patent expiries are expected to deter market growth during the growth period. Govt. initiatives and creating awareness and quick approval of biosimilars should ease the market towards growth.
Optima insights had segmented the report into Drug Type (anti-inflammatory, anti-TNF, immunosuppressant, calcineurin inhibitors & others), Disease Type (ulcerative proctitis, proctosigmoiditis, left-sided colitis, pancolitis and acute severe ulcerative colitis) and regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
Major companies which develop drugs for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market include Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Abbott, Biocon, F. Hoffman La Roche, Quest Medicals, Novartis, Mylan, AbbVie Inc, Celltrion, Celgene, Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, Innovate Biopharmaceuticals, Gilead, UCB Pharma, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Genetech, Prometheus Laboratories Inc. and many more…
• Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
• Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
• Provides Key Information on Players involved.
• Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
• Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Ulcerative Colitis Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/191-ulcerative-colitis-treatment-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)