Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $5.59 bn by 2027
The Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment Market was valued at US $3.74 billion in the year 2019 and is estimated to reach US $5.59 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 5.18%.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), also referred to as Stein-Leventhal syndrome is a hormonal disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and formation of numerous small cysts (fluid-filled sacs) on the outer edges of the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include irregular periods, anovulation, pelvic pain, excess production of male hormones like androgens, resulting in acne, excess facial & body hair, male-pattern baldness, and mood swings. The signs and symptoms of PCOS may vary across the population. The severity of symptoms is associated with obesity and weight gain.
Associated risks with PCOS include insulin resistance, obesity & infertility. Besides, PCOS leads to complications like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and stroke. If left untreated PCOS results in infertility and surgical procedures are recommended for drug resistance cases. Early diagnosis of PCOS and symptomatic treatment accompanied by weight loss, lifestyle modifications might reduce the risk factors associated with PCOS.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 6-12% (around 5 million) of reproductive-aged women are affected with PCOS in the USA. Around 116 million women worldwide (3.4%) were estimated to be affected with PCOS in 2012 by WHO. The estimated global prevalence of PCOS may range between 2.2% and 26%. The majority of women suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome are diagnosed during their normal gynecological visits and 50-70% of women are unaware of PCOS. It has been reported that the prevalence of the PCOS population in Europe is about 6.5-8%, while in the Asia Pacific region is about 2.2%.
It is expected that there will be an increased prevalence of PCOS in the Asian Pacific region due to drastic and increased sedentary lifestyle adoption and dietary habits. However, at present, the North American region holds the major market share for the PCOS treatment market that is associated with an increased prevalence of obesity, diabetes and hormonal imbalance among reproductive-age women. Oral contraceptive pills are the fastest-growing segment in the forecast period due to its effective symptomatic relief. Insulin sensitizing agents are the most prescribed drugs for the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome and so account for major market share globally.
The major market drivers for the PCOS treatment market include an increase in the prevalence of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome cases, a rise in incidence rates of diabetes mellitus, obesity, overweight and hormonal imbalance and growing awareness of treatment & associated risk factors among patients.
The key restraints include adverse effects of hormonal therapy, symptom-specific treatment, lack of targeted therapy approval, high cost of medication and treatment adherence. The rise in R&D investments for the development of targeted therapeutics for PCOS might fuel the PCOS market growth rate.
The major challenge for the PCOS treatment market includes the development of novel treatment regimens, early diagnosis, and combinatorial drug therapy approach. Besides, Lifestyle modification, balanced diet and regular exercise along with therapeutics might enhance treatment efficacy in PCOS patients. Further, there is a rise in the demand for targeted treatment due to more focused symptomatic treatment and is more likely to contribute more to the market growth.
Major companies for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) treatment market include Bayer AG, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Novartis, Teva Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca Plc, Sanofi, Pfizer, Abbott Laboratories and many more. According to clinicaltrials.gov, there are around 139 active trials for the treatment of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Request for Sample pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/209-polycystic-ovarian-syndrome-treatment-market
- Celmatix Expands Strategic Partnership with Evotec in Women’s Health
- EffRx Pharmaceuticals SA received Orphan drug designation for EX404 from FDA for the adolescent PCOS
- KinDex Pharmaceuticals is developing KDT 501 which is in Phase II for the treatment of PCOS
Based on Treatment Type (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
- Insulin sensitizing agents
- Infertility Treatment
- Surgical Methods
- Ovarian wedge resection
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling
Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment Market, 2016 to 2018
- Forecast of the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment Market Growth till the year 2027
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)