Alopecia Areata Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $4.46 bn by 2026
The Alopecia Areata Treatment Market was valued at US $ 2.39 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US $ 4.46 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 8.11%.
Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disorder, targeting hair follicles resulting in hair loss usually in patches on scalp, face, beard, eye brows or other areas of body. Focal, totalis and universalis are the three different patterns occuring in alopecia areata. Multiple hairless patches on the scalp are seen in focal pattern and complete hair loss only on the scalp is seen in alopecia totalis while complete hair loss on all parts of the body occurs in Alopecia universalis.
Half of the people experience alopecia areata at age of 20 but in most of the people onset occurs at age of 40. The mean age of onset in children is between 5 and 10 years of age. Alopecia can also affect fingernails, causing small indentations and roughness. Alopecia areata ca be linked to abnormal reactions by blood cells (serum antibodies) to thyroid protein (thyroglobulin), stomach (parietal) cells, or adrenal cells.
According to the National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF), alopecia areata affects around 6.8 million people in the US, with a lifetime risk of 2.1%. Global estimated prevalence is approximately 1 in 1000 people, around 147 million people worldwide are affected by alopecia areata. Highest prevalence is observed in between 30-59 years of age.
The major market drivers for alopecia areata treatment market include high incidence of hair fall, treatment awareness and increase in pipeline products. High treatment cost, adverse effects and long-term treatment duration are key market restraints for alopecia areata. Demand for newer advanced treatment options and treatment adherence, compliance are major challenges to be addressed for market growth.
Increase in R&D investment and development of promising pipeline products, patient focused drug development might impact the market growth positively in the forecast period. JAK inhibitors are meant to be the 'future' of alopecia areata treatment due to its efficacy in regrowth of hair.
Major companies for Alopecia Areata treatment market include Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, Perrigo Company Plc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Teva and Cadila Pharmaceuticals. According to clinicaltrials.gov, there are around 60 active trials for the treatment of Alopecia Areata.
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/192-alopecia-areata-treatment-market
- Concert Pharmaceuticals announced positive topline results from a recently completed Phase 2 dose-ranging trial evaluating CTP-543, a JAK inhibitor, pipeline product for alopecia areata
- Arcutis Biotherapeutics is developing ARQ-252, in preclinical studies for treatment of alopecia areata
- USFDA granted Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) to HC017AA, HCell Inc. product pipeline for the treatment of pediatric patients with alopecia areata
Alopecia Areata Treatment Market Based on Treatment Class (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Contact Immunotherapy
- JAK inhibitors
- Wig, hairpiece, or scalp prosthesis
- Shaving the head or beard
Alopecia Areata Treatment Market Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Alopecia Areata Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Alopecia Areata Treatment Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Alopecia Areata Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/192-alopecia-areata-treatment-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)