Head & Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is Expected to Reach $2.01 bn by 2026
The Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Market was valued at US$1.03 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US$2.01 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 8.7%.
Head and neck cancers are generally a group of cancers that affect the squamous cells of mouth, lips, pharynx, larynx, throat, salivary glands and nose. Tobacco and alcohol usage are ascribed as the major risk factors associated with the development of head and neck cancer. Other risk factors include exposure to radiation, exposure to occupational hazards, poor health, infection by EPV, age, and hereditary reasons.
Head and neck cancer can affect the young population but most prevalent and detected after the age of 50. In the US, the mortality of approximately 10,170 individuals has attributed to Oral Cavity and Pharynx cancer while new 45,543 cases were detected in 2016 alone. In the UK, approximately 11945 new cases were detected in 2016 alone.
Every year the rate of head and neck cancer is increasing owing to increased alcoholic cases, geriatric population and environmental factors. Further, improved health care reforms from both private and government sectors, increased investment in R&D, awareness about the available treatment and low-cost base are expected to drive the market throughout the forecast period.
Treatment modalities such as surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy are prescribed. Immunotherapies as a part of precision medicine has gained significant focus to be used in the effective management of cancer. The survival rate after treatment is estimated to be roughly 7-10 years. But the treatment methods often accompany side effects such as nausea, vomiting, anemia, neutropenia, nausea and bone metastasis. This is the biggest challenge in the head and neck cancer treatment market. This also increases the associated cost of treatment and make it difficult for management after treatment.
PD inhibitors have gained significant attention and held the major market share in 2018 with EGFR inhibitors in the 2nd place. PD inhibitors are expected to contribute more to revenue when compared to the EGFR and microtubule inhibitors during the forecast period. Also, the popularity of immunotherapies and targeted therapies as a viable treatment model could disrupt the market dynamics and can affect the revenue generation of both EGFT and microtubule inhibitors during the next 2-3 years.
With North America, especially the US contributing to the major market revenue with more than 50% in 2018 owing to the health infrastructure facilities, patient population, awareness, R&D investment, and better reimbursement policies, the region is expected to maintain its share of revenue over the forecast period. Besides, Europe and Asia Pacific region are also expected to add to the market revenue in the upcoming years. With more than 863 trials reported in the clinicaltrials.gov and more than 100 first-in-class programs in the pipeline, more sales and major changes in the market dynamics are expected.
Optima Insights provides the latest update on the industry trends, products & pipeline analysis with country, regional and global revenue forecast till the year 2026. The market is segmented By Types (Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancer, Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer, Nasopharyngeal Cancer, Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinus Cancer, Salivary Gland Cancer); Treatment (Surgery, Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy); Therapeutics Drugs (PD Inhibitors, EGFR Inhibitors, Microtubule Inhibitors); Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa)
Major companies contributing to the Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Market include AstraZeneca, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, Immutep Limited, Novartis AG, Eli Lilly and Company, Bristol‑Myers Squibb Company, Pfizer, Biocon Ltd, Sanofi, Fortress Biotech and many more.
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/5-head-neck-cancer-therapeutics-market
• Opdivo, Keytruda & Durvalumab have exciting growth opportunities ahead among which keytruda alone may cross over $500 million in the next 5-6 years.
• There are 112 first-in-class programs in the head and neck cancer pipeline, acting on 87 distinct first-in-class molecular targets.
• Use of Radiation therapy are expected to decrease due to low survival rates.
• Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
• Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
• Provides Key Information on Players involved.
• Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
• Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/reports/5-head-neck-cancer-therapeutics-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)