Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $9.66 bn by 2026
The Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Market was valued at US $6.95 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US $9.66 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.20%.
Allergic Rhinitis is inflammation caused inside the nose by allergen, also called as hay fever. Allergic Rhinitis develops when body’s immune system becomes sensitized and overreacts on exposure to allergens in the environment. It is mostly triggered by outdoor allergens like pollens from grass, trees, weeds, Indoor allergens like dust mite, animal dander, mold and irritants such as cigarette smoke, perfume, wood smoke, fumes, cold temperatures, chemicals, pollution and diesel exhaust. Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis include runny, stuffy & itchy nose, sneezing, coughing, itchy & watery eyes, dark circles under eyes, frequent headaches, hives and excess fatigue.
There are two types of allergic rhinitis, seasonal and perennial. Seasonal allergic rhinitis is observed during the spring and fall season due to outdoor allergens like pollen while perennial allergic rhinitis can be seen year-round at any time due to dust mite. The class of drugs for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis include Antihistamines, Corticosteroids, Decongestants, Immunotherapy and Intranasal Anticholinergics. Immunotherapy includes subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) and sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT). Allergic Rhinitis causes nasal membranes swelling in turn causes sinusitis and may also be associated with nasal polyps, small, non-cancerous growths and nosebleeds.
Allergic Rhinitis affects 10-30% of global population. According to World Allergy Organization, over 400 million people suffer from allergic rhinitis worldwide. Over 7.8% of people over 18 years of age and around 50 million people in the U.S. suffer from allergic rhinitis according to American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. Allergy is the 6th leading cause of chronic illness in the U.S. According to European Community Respiratory Health survey there is prevalence of 10 to 41% in adults with allergic rhinitis. Severe allergic rhinitis symptoms in children are observed to be high in Africa and Latin America.
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/175-allergic-rhinitis-treatment-market
The major challenge of treating allergic rhinitis is its unknown pathogenesis and increasing competition from generics. Allergic rhinitis market is expected to grow in the U.S. due to an increase in the incidence of allergies and hay fever cases (19.2 million around 7.7 % of population in 2018). Emerging market trends are observed in Asian Pacific regions such as India, China, and South Korea due to increased levels of air pollution. Among the treatment regimens, immunotherapy treatment segment will be fastest growing over forecast period.
The major market driver for Allergic Rhinitis treatment is the increase in prevalence and increasing awareness of allergic rhinitis symptoms. Perennial Allergic Rhinitis cases are increasing more globally which needs continuous medications till the symptoms subside and might positively impact the market growth. The major market restraint was high cost of immunotherapy treatments and long duration of treatment for Allergic Rhinitis. Development of cost-effective advanced treatments might gain more attention in the global market in the forecast period.
Major companies for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis Treatment include Alcon Inc, Merck & Co. Inc., Fountain Biopharma, Sumitomo Pharma co, Genentech, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Hanmi Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Glenmark Pharmaceutical, Ampio Pharmaceutical Inc., Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Johnson & Johnson and Teva Pharmaceutical Ltd. According to clinicaltrials.gov, there are around 17 active interventional trials for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis Treatment at present.
- Ragweed sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) improved symptoms in children with Ragweed Allergic Rhinitis
- Benralizumab Improved Total Nasal Symptom Score in Severe Asthma Allergic Rhinitis
- GSK recently announced intranasal steroid Fluticasone furoate spray for treatment of allergic rhinitis
Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Market Based on Treatment Class (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Intranasal Anticholinergics
Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Market Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/175-allergic-rhinitis-treatment-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)