Uterine Fibroids Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $1.37 bn by 2026
The Uterine Fibroids Treatment Market was valued at US $1.08 billion in the year 2018 and is expected to reach US $1.37 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of 2.97%.
Uterine Fibroids also called as uterine leiomyomas are benign tumors that develop from smooth muscle cells or fibrous connective tissue in the uterus. Symptoms of Uterine fibroids include heavy or prolonged periods, bleeding in between periods, pelvic pain and frequent urination. Complications associated with uterine fibroids are difficulty in getting pregnant, infertility, etc. Uterine fibroids can be categorized into intramural, submucosal and sub serosal types based on their location.
Approximately, 70-80% of women develop fibroids in their lifetime which is either asymptomatic or undiagnosed, of which around 40% of women are between of 30-55 years of age. Approximately 20 million women in North America, 24 Million women in Europe and over 70 million women in other regions such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa are affected by uterine fibroids. According to National Women’s Health Network, women aging in their 30-40’s are three times more vulnerable of developing fibroids. Majority of women with uterine fibroids remain asymptomatic and often are undiagnosed. Also, obese women with higher BMI’s particularly with excess abdominal fat are 2-3 more times more susceptible in developing uterine fibroids.
Treatment for uterine fibroids include hormonal, non-hormonal and surgical methods. Hormonal treatment includes Oral Contraceptives, Progestins/Antiprogestins, Gonadotropin Release Hormone (GnRH) Antagonists and Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) under Non-hormonal treatment. Surgical methods for the treatment of uterine fibroids include uterine artery embolization, myomectomy and hysterectomy. First line of treatment includes medical therapy to shrink fibroids and over the counter medications to control pain & bleeding while surgical methods are useful in latter stages of uterine fibroids development.
The major market driver for uterine fibroids treatment market include rise in prevalence of hormonal imbalance leading to fibroids and increase in female geriatric population. The market restraint for uterine fibroid treatment include high cost of treatment and alternative surgical treatment options other than therapeutics. The main challenge was to develop minimally invasive cost effective technologically advanced treatment for Uterine Fibroids and creating awareness on benefits of lifestyle modifications. Leading market trends were observed in U.S.A, European and African regions as ultrasound evidence shows that more than 80% of African American women and approximately 70% of white women have uterine fibroids by the age of 50. Due to rising prevalence of hormonal disorders and increased geriatric women population emerging market trends are observed in Asian Pacific regions with countries like India and China being the hotspots.
Major companies that develop therapeutic modalities for Uterine Fibroids Treatment include Allergan, Gedeon Richter, Repros Therapeutics, Bayer HealthCare, AbbVie, Myovant Sciences, ObsEva, Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, According to clinicaltrials.gov, there are around 56 active interventional trials for Uterine Fibroids Treatment at present.
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/200-uterine-fibroids-treatment-market
• In August 2019, AbbVie, in cooperation with Neurocrine Biosciences announced the submission of a New Drug Application (NDA) for elagolix for the management of heavy menstrual bleeding (HMB) associated with uterine fibroids in women.
• Myovant Sciences is developing GnRH receptor antagonist relugolix for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids.
• Linzagolix is under development in Phase III for the treatment of Uterine Fibroids by OBSEVA in license with Kissei Pharmaceutical Co Ltd.
Uterine Fibroids Treatment Market Based on Treatment Class (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
• Hormonal treatment
- Oral Contraceptives
- Gonadotropin Release Hormone (GnRH) Antagonists
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Uterine Fibroids Treatment Market Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Uterine Fibroids Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Uterine Fibroids Treatment Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Uterine Fibroids Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/200-uterine-fibroids-treatment-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)