Macular Edema Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $4.08 bn by 2026
The Macular edema Treatment Market was valued at US $3.16 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US $4.08 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 3.22%.
Macular Edema occurs due to abnormal leakage and accumulation of fluid in the macula from damaged blood vessels adjacent to retina. The symptoms of macular edema include blurry or distorted vision and colors appear as faded or washed out Edema is caused due to vein occlusion/blockage, aging, hereditary factors, macular hole, macular pucker, and vitreomacular traction, sarcoidosis, uveitis, surgical causes and diabetes. There are two types of macular edemas, they are Diabetic and Cystoid Macular Edema. Treatment for macular edema include medication and laser therapy depending upon the severity. If left untreated, macular edema results in permanent loss of vision.
The prevalence of Macular edema is estimated to be around 2.7% in USA (2015) and always associated with diabetes, diabetic retinopathy and aging resulting in macular degeneration. Age-related macular degeneration is seen approximately in 142 million people and about 105 million people are affected by diabetic eye disease worldwide. According to CDC there is high prevalence of diabetic retinopathy, affecting almost one-third of adults over age 40 years with diabetes, and more than one-third of the African-Americans and Mexican Americans.
The key market drivers for macular edema treatment market include increasing product approvals, growing aging population, increase in diabetes prevalence and related complications, and long-term duration of treatment. High treatment cost and patent exclusivity/expiry of drugs are considered major market restraints. Treatment adherence and lack of awareness of macular edema are the major challenges. Nevertheless, increasing investment in R&D of ophthalmic care and developing minimally invasive advanced treatment options might impact the market growth positively in the forecast period.
The treatment for macular edema includes corticosteroid implants, immunosuppressants, biologics, anti-inflammatory agents and Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Injections. Anti-VGEF injection treatment holds significant market share among other treatment options. Regeneron’s Anti-VGEF Eyela has reported $1.160 billion in the second quarter of 2019 with an increase of 20% sales when compared to $992 million in the second quarter of 2018.
Major companies for Macular Edema treatment market include Novartis AG, Roche, Allergan, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer Inc. Bayer AG, and Bausch & Lomb. According to clinicaltrials.gov, there are around 108 active interventional trials for the treatment of Macular Edema at present.
- Acucela Inc. developing lead drug candidate to inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) for treatment of Macular Edema
- Asclepix Therapeutics, Inc. is developing AXT107 focusing for the treatment of Macular Edema and Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Clearside Biomedical announced two-Phase II pipeline products Suprachoroidal CLS-TA (corticosteroid triamcinolone acetonide) for macular edema associated with uveitis
- REGENXBIO reported positive interim update from RGX-314 Phase I/IIa trial for wet AMD and Macular Edema
Macular edema Treatment Market Based on Treatment Class (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Corticosteroid Implants
- Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Injections
Macular edema Treatment Market Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/199-macular-edema-treatment-market
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Macular edema Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Macular edema Treatment Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Macular edema Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/199-macular-edema-treatment-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)