Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market is Expected to Reach $3.07 bn by 2026
The Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market was valued at US$1.47 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US$3.07 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 9.66%.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a debilitating gastrointestinal disorder characterized by Abdominal pain, Bloating, Constipation, and Diarrhea. IBS quintessentially alters the bowel movements that cannot be confirmed by medical tests. Nonetheless, it is the most common disorder reported by patients visiting a gastroenterologist. According to the International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD), the worldwide prevalence of IBS was approximately 10-15% in 2016 with 25-45 million of the IBS cases in the US alone. The occurrence of IBD in the Canadian population is 13-20% with a risk of developing IBS exceeds 30%. Women (14%) are almost 2-fold more susceptible to acquiring IBS than men (8.9%), with more prevalence below the age of 50 and symptoms occurring as early as at the age of 32. The co-morbidities frequently accompanying IBS are fibromyalgia, chronic headache, back pain, pelvic pain, and temporomandibular joint dysfunction. Besides, IBS inflicts depression, anxiety and affects the quality of life among the patients.
The causes of the bowel disorder are unknown yet the pathophysiology can be attributed to altered gastrointestinal motility, visceral hyperalgesia, and psychopathology. Recent studies attribute a relationship of gut microflora influencing the cognitive functions reflecting an alteration in the bowel movement and sensation.
IFFGD survey of around 2000 patients reveals that diagnosis for IBS was made 6.6 years after the appearance of symptoms. Still, diagnosis of IBD is a challenge amongst the medical fraternity with a large population underserved and there is plenty of opportunities for the pharmaceutical organizations to focus on addressing the unmet needs. With rising prevalence in the high-income countries and IBD spreading across middle-income nations, substantial progress in the drug sales contributing to overwhelming growth rate is expected for the IBD treatment market, during the forecast period. Besides efforts for commercialization of drugs to treat IBS, efforts for increasing awareness and intake of drugs to curtail IBS, especially constipation is expected to fuel the market growth.
Optima Insights provides the latest update on the industry trends, products & pipeline analysis with country, regional and global revenue forecast till the year 2026. The analysis of the market is segmented into Syndrome Type (IBS with constipation (IBS-C) and IBS with diarrhea (IBS-D)); Drug type (Laxatives, Antidiarrheal drugs, Antispasmodics, Antidepressants, Serotonin receptor agonists, Chloride channel activators, Guanylyl cyclase C agonists, Antibiotics, Opioid receptors, Probiotics); Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa)
- IBS-C holds the major market share due to increasing prevalence in constipation
- Linzess prescribed for relieving chronic idiopathic constipation and IBS-C held the major market share in the year 2018. Linzess sales in Japan significantly increased in the year 2018.
- North America held the major market share for IBS drug sales owing to the prevalence of the syndrome followed by the European region.
Major companies which develop drugs for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market include Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Allergan plc, Alfasigma, Assembly biosciences, Astellas Pharma, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Sebela Pharmaceuticals, Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Bausch Health, Synthetic Biologics, and many more
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/189-irritable-bowel-syndrome-market
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/189-irritable-bowel-syndrome-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)