Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market is Expected to Reach $5.99 bn by 2026
The Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market was valued at US $4.76 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US $5.99 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 2.92%.
Peptic ulcers are ulcers on lining of stomach, lower esophagus, or small intestine causing abdominal discomfort. These are caused due to erosion from stomach acids and inflammation by Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection. The symptoms of peptic ulcers include burning, stomach pain, bloating/belching, fatty food intolerance, heart burn and nausea. Increased risk of peptic ulcers is associated with smoking, drinking and stress. Left untreated, peptic ulcers results in internal bleeding, perforation and obstruction of digestive tract passage.
In the United States, peptic ulcer disease (PUD) affects approximately 4.5 million people annually. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), prevalence of H. pylori infection worldwide is approximately 50%, of which around 80%–90% is found in developing countries, and approximately up to 35%–40% in the United States. According to studies highest prevalence of H. pylori infection was observed in Africa (70.1%), South America (69.4%), and Western Asia (66.6%) and regions with the lowest prevalence are Oceana (24.4%), Western Europe (34.3%), and North America (37.1%).
North America accounts for highest market share with high prevalence of ulcers and high treatment cost. Changing life style habits such as untimely meal patterns, chronic acidity, etc. might impact market growth positively in APAC region in forecast period.
Higher incidence rate of peptic ulcers, growing geriatric population, changes in disease management, increased prevalence of stress induced ulcers, increase in smoking rate, easy availability of medicine and availability of affordable therapy, long term treatment duration and increase in the use of NSAID’s are considered as major key drivers for the peptic ulcers treatment market. The major market restraints for treatment of peptic ulcers include poor pipeline productivity, drug resistance, adverse effects caused by drug administration and rise of generics and patent expiry of ulcer drugs.
The major challenge is to develop novel vaccines, advanced technological products with lesser side effects and more efficacy for the treatment of peptic ulcers in the forecast period. Investment in R&D productivity and development of pipeline investigational products and focusing more on development of bismuth-based quadruple therapy might impact the peptic ulcers market growth positively in the forecast period.
Major companies for the Treatment of Peptic Ulcers include Daewoong Pharmaceutical, Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Pfizer, Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Cadila Healthcare, Boehringer Ingelheim, Taiho Pharmaceuticals and GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals. According to clinicaltrials.gov, there are around 40 active interventional trials for the treatment of Peptic Ulcers at present.
- ImevaX is developing IMX101, vaccine novel approach in fighting Helicobacter pylori infections.
- Takeda and Frazier Healthcare Partners announce collaboration to Launch Phathom Pharmaceuticals for the development and exclusive commercialization rights to vonoprazan in the United States, Europe and Canada.
Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market Based on Treatment Class (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Potassium Competitive Acid Blockers
- H2 Antagonists
Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/188-peptic-ulcers-drugs-market
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/188-peptic-ulcers-drugs-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)