Sickle cell anemia Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $6.46 bn by 2026
The Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Market was valued at US$2.26 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US$6.46 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 14.05%.
Sickle Cell Anemia is an autosomal recessive disorder caused by a mutation in the hemoglobin-β gene found on chromosome 11, due to which the red blood cells become sickle or crescent moon shaped and get stuck in small blood vessels. This can result in slow blood flow and hypoxia condition. The signs and symptoms of sickle cell anemia include anemia, pain episodes and swelling of hands & feet, frequent infections, vision problems and delayed growth in infants, children & delay puberty in teenagers. Sickle Cell Anemia results in complications like stroke, Acute chest syndrome, pulmonary hypertension and organ damage.
The worldwide prevalence of sickle cell anemia is estimated to be 3.2 million and around 85% of cases are reported in Africa, in 2017. According to WHO, trait genes for hemoglobin disorders mainly, sickle-cell disease and thalassemia are carried by 5% of the world’s population. Every year around 300,000 babies are born with severe hemoglobin disorders. The prevalence of the sickle-cell trait (healthy carriers who have inherited the mutant gene from only one parent) ranges between 10% and 40% across Africa.
The major market drivers include increase prevalence of sickle cell anemia, rise in development of genetic therapies, growing product pipeline and orphan disease status for the treatment of the sickle cell anemia treatment. Adverse effects, lack of awareness and diagnosis of sickle cell anemia, high treatment cost and lack of approved therapies are the major market restraints for the sickle cell anemia treatment market.
Investments in R&D, development of novel advanced effective medications and rise in demand for proper treatment might impact the market growth positively in the forecast period. To meet the critical need of patients, approval of fast frack, orphan drug and rare disease designations will be given, which might boost the sickle cell anemia treatment market during the forecast period
Major companies for the Treatment of Sickle Cell Anemia include Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, Pfizer, Emmaus Life Sciences, Bluebird Bio, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Global Blood Therapeutic Inc, CSL Behring. According to clinicaltrials.gov, there are around 200 active interventional trials for the treatment of Sickle Cell Anemia at present.
- Currently, Pfizer is conducting research on new molecular entity PF-04447943 for the treatment of sickle cell anemia
- Bluebird Bio announced continuing promising results of LentiGlobin, investigational gene therapy for sickle cell disease
- CRISPR Therapeutics is developing CTX001, investigational therapy to treat inherited disorders of hemoglobin such as sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia
Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Market Based on Treatment Class (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn):
- Blood Transfusion
- Antimetabolite (Hydroxy Urea)
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Gene Therapy
Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Market Based on Geographic Region (Market Size and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, (US$ Mn)
- North America
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.optimainsights.org/sample-request/151-sickle-cell-anemia-therapeutics-market
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/151-sickle-cell-anemia-therapeutics-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)