Crohn’s Disease Treatment Market is Expected to Reach $5.82 bn by 2026
The Crohn’s Disease Treatment Market was valued at US$4.53 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US$5.82 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 2.82%.
Crohn’s disease is one of the types of inflammatory bowel disease with an incidence rate of about 0.2-18 cases per 10,000 individuals. In the US alone, more than 1.3 million individuals are affected. Crohn’s disease can affect the digestive tract right from the mouth to the rectum. CD appears in patches, can penetrate and affect multiple layers and organs associated with the digestive tract. The exact cause of Crohn’s disease is unknown however the manifestation of the disease is attributed to the immune system, gene alterations and environmental alterations. Besides, the symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease are similar to that of the common diseases occurring in the human body. Crohn’s disease can be diagnosed by a simple blood test, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, CT and MRI scan. Treatment depends on the severity of the disease.
Anti-inflammatory agents, immunosuppressants, analgesics and antipyretics are prescribed. Surgery is prescribed for severe cases where the disease can be debilitating. Since the disease is associated with inflammation, the first line of treatment is anti-inflammatory agents especially non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs). This segment holds the major market share across the world followed by the immunosuppressants segment. North America with the highest number of Crohn’s disease leads with more than 60% of the market share followed by the European region.
The growth of the market can be ascribed to change in lifestyle and eating habits, stress, exposure to several environmental hazards are likely to increase the number of Crohn’s disease patients in turn supporting the growth of the market during the forecast period. With technological advancements, investment in R&D and govt. initiatives is also expected to support market growth. However, the awareness of Crohn’s disease is in its nascent stages with physicians hardly finding to differentiate with advanced diagnostic methodologies of high cost is required. Also, the treatment is more costly and unaffordable by many patients. Additionally, the reimbursement plans across geographies are also sparse and likely to have a greater impact on market growth. Besides, management of fistulas that reduces the quality of life, patient adherence and efficacy of the existing therapies are said to be the significant challenges and unmet needs that are faced during Crohn’s disease treatment. However, recent interests in biologics to treat Crohn’s disease are expected to be positive for market growth.
Optima Insights categorizes the treatment segment by treatment type (anti-inflammatory agents, immunosuppresants, analgesics and antipyretics, biologics and surgery) and regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa).
Major companies which develop drugs for Crohn’s Disease Treatment Market include Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Abbott, Biocon, F. Hoffman La Roche, Quest Medicals, Novartis, Mylan, AbbVie Inc, Celltrion, Celgene, Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, Innovate Biopharmaceuticals, Gilead, UCB Pharma, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Genetech, Prometheus Laboratories Inc. and many more…
- Provides a detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Crohn’s Disease Treatment Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Crohn’s Disease Treatment Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Crohn’s Disease Treatment Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/190-crohn-s-disease-treatment-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)