Digital Microscopes Market is Expected to Reach $ 2.7 bn by 2026
The Digital Microscope Market was valued at US$1.7 billion in the year 2018 and is estimated to reach US$2.7 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.95%.
A digital microscope is a combination of a traditional optical microscope, digital multimedia, and digital processing technology. Digital microscopy imaging technology includes optical components for microscopic imaging, data acquisition component to record images produced by digital video devices, CMOS, CCD, digital cameras wherein these images are transferred to the computer storage device by graphics card interface or USB interface. The core component of digital microscopy is software control for image capture, processing, and real-time measurement to improve image quality.
Recent advancement of digital microscopes includes installation of online image acquisition, processing, and analysis systems software. Higher resolution, large field view, increased magnification, real-time view, 2D/3D image display are the main features of the digital microscope. There are both portable and desktop digital microscopes available in the global market. The sequential process of an Image sensor, analog signal, pixel conversion, digital signal and digital operation to display is driven principle in Digital Microscope. Advanced features include live imaging and snapshot, patented image analysis software, user-friendly interface and Wi-Fi. Different levels and various categories of digital microscopes include microscopes with built-in USB cameras requiring a PC (or MAC), HDMI, Wi-Fi, video or SXGA cameras and tablet PC with touch screen controls to see the live image.
The applications of digital microscopes span across fields like electronics, electricals, material science, metallurgy, mechanical, medical diagnostics, forensics, and R&D areas. Increased use of digital microscopes in R&D, material science and medical, diagnostics impact the demand during the forecast period. The evolution of microscopes over the years has been drastic. The inclusion of more features had made it essential in most of the fields to obtain key insights especially in medicine and biological research. With the inclusion of advanced features, the cost of the microscope also increases. Few microscopes with more advanced features even cost more than a million dollars. Further technical limitations and software updates also hinder market growth. However, Govt., research, and academic institutions are investing more in the latest digital microscopes to obtain more accurate data and also contribute more to education. Also, accurate identification and visualization of several pathological conditions with or without dyes have become possible with the use of digital microscopes. Further, Fluorescence-based microscopic examinations have enabled specific detection of particular proteins or clarify their localization in cells and tissues or as markers for beginning cell death, depending on particular test conditions. Besides, the use of microscope had increased in the manufacturing sectors of miniature transistor chips, nanoelectronics, quantum dots, and optoelectronics where the demand for digital microscopes is high. These factors are expected to contribute more towards the market growth in the forecast period between 2019 and 2026.
Optima Insights had segmented the key components of the report based on Modality (Desktop & Portable), Application (R&D, Healthcare, Forensics, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Metallurgy & Material Sciences) and Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa).
As far as geography is concerned North American market holds the major share with more than 40% contribution towards the growth followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific. In the forthcoming years, the contribution of the Asia Pacific region is expected to increase with more focused research and transfer of technology.
The desktop microscopes hold more than 75% of the market share with portable microscopes contributing less than 20%. However, the contribution of portable microscopes in market growth is expected to increase by more than 21% during the forecast period. The major share of the microscope use is split by only four disciplines such as healthcare, R&D, Material Sciences and Electronics with more than 80% of the market share with the R&D sector alone holding more than 35% of the market share.
Totally 88 companies across geographies were identified as potential players in the market. This includes Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Bruker Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Leica microsystems, JEOL Ltd, Keyence Corporation, Olympus Corporation, Nikon Corporation, Horiba Scientific, Oxford Instruments plc, Tagarno Digital Microscope Solutions and more… The companies entitled to more than 600 products that are being used across several disciplines.
Key Technological Overview
- Synaptive Medical has a Modus V™ Fully-automated, hands-free, robotically-controlled digital microscope with advanced visualization that supports a wide range of surgical approaches and workflows
- Imec has developed on-chip lens-free microscope integrated into life sciences and biotech tools, targeting multiple applications such as label-free cell monitoring, automated cell culturing
- Provides detailed Analysis of the Market Structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments.
- Provides a Comparative Analysis of Key Marketed and Pipeline Products.
- Provides Key Information on Players involved.
- Provides a Complete Overview of Market Segments and the Regional Outlook.
- Provides In-depth Coverage of Key News, including Major Mergers, Acquisitions and Product Development updates such as clinical trial progression updates and regulatory updates.
The Report Provides Key Insights on
- History of the Digital Microscope Market, 2015 to 2017
- Forecast of the Digital Microscope Market Growth till the year 2026
- The key market drivers, restraints, challenges, future opportunities and the market dynamics driving the Digital Microscope Market
- Analysis of potential growth segments which will drive the market
- Landscape analysis of the major companies, and new market entrants and companies which possess disruptive technologies which can change the trend of the entire market
- Key market approaches adopted by the organizations and in-depth intelligence of potential strategies which could alter the market dynamics
Download Complete TOC of the Report @ https://www.optimainsights.org/request-toc/67-digital-microscope-market
Optima Insights is an innovative research and insights-driven enterprise committed to offering actionable intelligence to the global life science and healthcare market. We believe that meaningful insights and improved strategic content hold the key to improved ROI for our clients. We strike an innovative engagement model with our clients to Co-Create Intelligence that would address very specific issues facing them within their functional areas. We continuously support clients through the entire journey map to enable them to make better business decisions towards attaining market leadership.
Mr Chucks G
+91 966 6620 365 (Asia) | +1 424 2554 365 (US)